Objective: Students will further their understanding of the Mentor Archetype. Students will learn how to analyze the God-Teacher Archetype.
- God Teacher Review
- “The Prometheus Affair” from Hercules.
- Review Prometheus Annotations
- Prometheus Worksheet. Link here.
- Capitalization Review. Link here.
Homework: R&A “The Mysterious Stranger” for Mentor / God-Teacher Archetype.
Objective: Students will further their understanding of the God-Teacher Archetype.
- Review “The Mysterious Stranger” Annotations.
- Complete Mysterious Stranger Discussion Questions. Link here.
- Listen to the Rolling Stones “Sympathy for the Devil” and follow along with the Lyrics. Link to Song. Link to Lyrics.
- & Discuss.
Homework: R&A “The Sacrifice of Isaac” and “Alone in Martyrdom”
Objective: Students will begin to understand the Martyr Archetype
- Review of Martyr Archetype and understanding the types.
- Review of Martyr Readings
- In class read and analysis of the excerpt from The Hunger Games, with video.
Homework: R&A “The Handsomest Drowned Man in the World”
- “Handsomest Drowned Man in the World” performed.
- Analyzing the story for the Martyr Archetype.
Homework: R&A “The Lottery” by Shirley Jackson for the Scapegoat Archetype.